A sinus infection is not a very pleasant experience. Sinus congestion can be a distracting way to your daily life. The pressure and pain caused by the sinus infection may render you tired. Essential oils for sinus congestion can be a helpful measure to deal with sinusitis.
Things to know about Sinus Congestion
Sinuses are air pockets and tubes just under the face. There are a huge number of sinuses running behind your nose, forehead, cheeks, and eyes. Due to harmful bacteria or viruses, these sinuses may get congested. This may lead to inflammation and swelling of the sinuses. This swelling creates pressure under the face which causes pain. In such situations, you may find yourself wondering what essential oils are good for sinus infections.
Essential oils for Sinus Congestion
DoTERRA essential oil for sinus congestion is a company known for making the top best essential oils for sinus congestion. Such essential oils are:
- Peppermint Oil: Peppermint oil is composed of menthol. Menthol acts as a good relief measure to open stuffed nose pathways. Inhaling peppermint oil helps during sinus congestion due to its cooling effects. However, it doesn’t affect the bacteria or virus present in the sinuses and is not a solution for long-term effects.
- Eucalyptus Oil: Oil from the eucalyptus plant is also one of the essential oil for cough and sinus congestion. Several decongestant products contain eucalyptus oil as it is a natural cough suppressant. It reduces the negative bacteria in the sinuses and provides relief. According to a small-scale study, it contains a compound called cineole that acts as an effective treatment for sinus congestion.
- Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil has properties that fight bacteria and viruses. It has alpha-sabine that gives it antibacterial and antifungal properties. It clears the sinus pathways by reducing swelling and fighting bacteria.
Ways to use Essential Oils for Sinus Congestion
There are several ways and methods you can use essential oils to treat your sinus congestion. Some popular methods are:
- You can inhale essential oil straight from the bottle of oil.
- You can draw up a steam bath. Put a few drops of essential oil into boiling water and inhale the steam. This method can give you instant relief from blocked nasal pathways.
- You can also add a few drops of essential oils to a hot bath. It is relaxing and refreshing.
- If you suffer from sinusitis, you can use essential oils for sinus pressure by putting a small amount of the oil under your nose.
Young living essential oil for sinus congestion is also effective in treating sinusitis.
Essential oils are an alternative therapy to treat sinus congestion. Anyone who wants to avoid antibiotics and medicines can use essential oils for the sinus. Although there is no proven dosage or guidelines, one must use essential oils carefully. Doctors need to find more evidence before they can recommend essential oil for sinus and ear congestion. But some people have got good results by using essential oils during sinusitis. Essential oils for sinus congestion are a proven way to treat sinusitis. Doterra oils for sinus congestion are good to clear blocked sinus pathways. Essential oils can be used for sinus and ear congestion.