Sinusitis Dos and Don’ts: The increasing pressure and pain in the forehead, the nose doesn’t stop running, eyes are getting all swelled up. Feels familiar? Yes, all of us have gone through these symptoms. We all wonder what to do then. We know it might get better in 10 days. But the symptoms don’t let us think straight.
We want to get rid of the sinus pain as soon as possible. But not only the do’s, but the don’ts also need to be known as some wrong steps can lead you to more intense symptoms. That’s why this Sinus Infection & Sinusitis Dos and Don’ts article is vital for you to read.
Sinusitis Dos and Don’ts
To get better quickly and keep others safe while you have a sinus infection, you should follow some Sinusitis Dos and Don’ts. These are-
|Rinse the sinuses||Drink alcohol|
|Choose sinus infection medication carefully||Go to the pool|
|Go to office or School||Stay in a dry atmosphere for long|
|Workout Wisley||Take a flight if not necessary|
|Use warm compresses|
- Rinse the Sinuses: rinsing the nostrils especially the sinuses keep them clean so that the pollutants and allergens don’t get clogged there.
- Choose Sinus Infection Medication Carefully: usually at the initial stage, you can go for the OTC medicines that have natural ingredients. Then you should always take the medicines the doctor suggests. Wrong medication or overusing any medicine can worsen the condition.
- Stay Hydrated: Dehydration can thicken the mucus. If the mucus thickens it will get harder to get it out of the sinus. That’s why you should keep drinking juice or normal water at least 8 ozs every 2 hours.
- Go to Office or School: If you are not going to the office or school just because you think the sinus infection is contagious then you need to rethink that. A sinus infection is not contagious itself. Only the virus can spread if you have a viral infection.
- Workout Wisely: working out can keep you healthy and strong to fight against the infection. But doing excess workouts during sinus infection can result in extreme fatigue sometimes.
- Use a Humidifier: use a humidifier before going to sleep at night. It will help you to breathe while sleeping.
- Use Warm Compresses: A warm compress will reduce the pain in the forehead. It will also help to relieve the pressure.
- Drink Alcohol: Drinking alcohol can dehydrate you at an extreme level. That’s why you should avoid consuming alcohol while having a sinus infection.
- Go to the Pool: you need to take some time before rushing back to the pool.
- Smoke: smoking can trigger the infection. The smoke also has some allergens.
- Stay in a Dry Atmosphere for Long: The dry air is not good for sinuses. Dry air can make the sinuses so dry that they can have inflammation.
- Take a Flight if Not Necessary: flying is not good for sinus infection. It can worsen the pressure and pain around the nose and forehead. That’s why avoid any flight if not necessary.
Sinus Infection or Sinusitis Dos and Don’ts are as crucial as the treatment itself. If you keep doing the stuff you shouldn’t do while having a sinus infection, that can lead you to no solution. For example, using amoxicillin for sinus infection is a good idea if you have a bacterial infection. But it won’t help is viral sinusitis. The infection is usually not fearsome. But it comes with some bothering symptoms. If you follow the instructions properly, you can at least reduce the sinus infection’s pain and pressure.